the hallowed halls of ot-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
the hallowed halls of ot-

filled with the souls of bored adolescents

You are not connected. Please login or register

playing the original xcom ufo defence

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Empty Re: playing the original xcom ufo defence Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 pm

ruff

ruff

five

dollars

ruff

ruff

playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Tg3Ff7D

playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Pzc2Jtc

so close

ruff

ruff

tip: if you're having a lot of trouble with early terror missions, when you start, immediately buy a bunch of scientists (i tend to buy 10) and rush the shit out of laser pistol research (don't bother with anything else yet). if you do that, you should have a full armory of laser pistols by the time the first terror mission engages, making the mission a breeze.

most of the time, it's encouraged that you don't investigate the crash sites of small ufos, as they don't give many goodies that you can't get in bulk from terror missions. you should still shoot down every ufo you meet though, as every ufo destroyed nets you 'points', which results in the council giving you more money at the end of the month

54playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Empty Re: playing the original xcom ufo defence Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 pm

ruff

ruff

tip: until you unlock alien grenades, never use grenades. if something really needs exploding, just get your heavy weapons guys to handle it. instead, use smoke grenades, all the time. a team full of rookies armed with laser pistols and tossing smoke grenades liberally will absolutely dominate the early game.

shiba inu

shiba inu
dogman the utterly retarded tf2 loving dicksucking ponyphile

why is this so accurate

pony fag 10/10-ign

pony fag 10/10-ign
crying furry taco vore pony faggot advocate

"yesterday at 0:00"

woh

https://otminus.forumotion.com

ruff

ruff

just got terror from the deep

i'll see if it's any easier

shiba inu

shiba inu

ruff wrote:just got terror from the deep

i'll see if it's any easier
everyone says it's an assload harder
it's easy mode is supposedly the same as the original's hard mode

ruff

ruff

well so far i can't even figure out how to exit the starter shuttle

so

shiba inu

shiba inu

ruff wrote:well so far i can't even figure out how to exit the starter shuttle

so
it's at the front on the right side

ruff

ruff

so i think my first round in this game went pretty good. i was trying to find a way out of the shuttle, and began by trying to see if i could use the two computers in the shuttle (they were completely useless) or the little booths in the back like the elevators from the first game. i couldn't, so i eventually just tried shooting the walls with the gauss pistols (but i couldn't, because i didn't pack any ammo for the pistols because i didn't realize they needed ammo). eventually, i decided to move every crew member into one corner of the shuttle, and had my heavy weapons guy fire a rocket at the other side of the shuttle to see if it could break down the walls. the walls were impenetrable, though, and the only thing i accomplished was to kill or injure half my soldiers. one of the remaining soldiers, broomhall, panicked and shot gennadi at point-blank in the face with the gas cannon, killing him instantly, which caused everybody in the shuttle to go beserk and start shooting eachother. eventually, while i was trying to make the sole surviver commit suicide, i accidentally misclicked and he walked straight out the door i didn't see and immediately got killed in alien reaction fire.

playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Sd3Ooqy

ruff

ruff

a variant of blaster bombs apparently makes a come-back in this game except bigger and even the most basic of enemies get them from the very start and fire them off liberally

shiba inu

shiba inu

told you man
front right side

ruff

ruff

playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 LOtS06N

i love it when those things miss

ruff

ruff

small items such as grenades and clips of ammo should be put in the shoulder inventory slots in your soldier's inventory, as it requires less TU to bring items from a shoulder to a respective hand then from anywhere else

however items you pick off the ground and put in your inventory costs 2 TU less to stick in your leg inventory slots then your shoulder inventory slots so pick your poison

also just in case you don't know this already every item has a 'weight' variable and if the weight of all the objects a soldier is carrying in his inventory is higher then his 'strength' then he'll suffer from a slow-down (have less TUs every turn) so if you're planning to deck a rookie unit out in say power armor and heavy weapons you'll probably have to do some micromanaging

shiba inu

shiba inu

if i remember right,you can get extra pockets that take less tu to equip

ruff

ruff

68playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Empty Re: playing the original xcom ufo defence Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:10 pm

ruff

ruff

Against Battleships, it is advised not to delay breaching the UFO too long, since the aliens have Blaster Launchers, and will gladly spam them to turn your troops into confetti. Sectoids and Ethereals will frequently mind control your weakest Psi soldier, through their abusive "spotting one of your troops lets us mind control ANY soldier" rule. This soldier will then spin around, giving away 80% of your troop deployment, enabling blaster bombs to appear out of nowhere and kill everyone. Against Snakemen, expect a Chryssalid scout to easily spot your troop locations with their 120 TUs, and have a rain of Blaster Bombs shower upon you.

69playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Empty Re: playing the original xcom ufo defence Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:32 pm

skitty

skitty
asd

ruff wrote:
Against Battleships, it is advised not to delay breaching the UFO too long, since the aliens have Blaster Launchers, and will gladly spam them to turn your troops into confetti. Sectoids and Ethereals will frequently mind control your weakest Psi soldier, through their abusive "spotting one of your troops lets us mind control ANY soldier" rule. This soldier will then spin around, giving away 80% of your troop deployment, enabling blaster bombs to appear out of nowhere and kill everyone. Against Snakemen, expect a Chryssalid scout to easily spot your troop locations with their 120 TUs, and have a rain of Blaster Bombs shower upon you.
sounds fun

70playing the original xcom ufo defence  - Page 3 Empty Re: playing the original xcom ufo defence Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 pm

shiba inu

shiba inu

yay enemy unknown is 10 dollars now

shiba inu

shiba inu

ok i think ruff might end up saving the world
he didn't seem to get mind controlled which might mean he's a psionic
so ruff